Friday, April 15, 2011

The Good Life

I cannot believe what a frenzied mental state I was in just over 30 days ago, compared to the relaxed state of mind I'm livin' in now!  I was never one to drop out of the "race" before, but this rat has jumped ship and is loving it.  It may be just for the Summer, but I'll take it.  I took a good, long look at my own face in the mirror this morning and, yep, there she was, the girl I used to be...or at least a glimmer of that girl.  I can see that tired, stressed expression fading away and my old self emerging.  Thanks to the Gods of Circumstance and Coincidence for giving me a way to make a change and make it fast.  Each evening when I stroll out to the end of the pier with Miss Thang to watch yet another spectacular sunset over the water, I can't help but hear my dad's voice in my head saying, "I wonder what the poor folks are doing tonight?"


No comments:

Post a Comment