Sunday, July 4, 2010

We Have A Winner!

After living with paint samples taped to the wall of my guest room for a week, we have a winner.  As you may have guessed, it's the swirl shaped sample on the left.  It's called "Ozone".

Although I love decorating...choosing furniture, fabrics and curtains, and arranging rooms...I am completely intimidated by paint colors.  I think because I made some truely dismal choices in paint colors for apartments in my twenties, I lost confidence in my ability to pick a paint color.  Fortunately, the previous owner of my little house painted the interior walls in colors that I love and that work perfectly for my furnishings, so all I had to do was move in.  However, she left the guest room walls white and now I dearly want them to be blue.

Taping paint chips to the wall is step one in this process.  These nice big samples make it easy to see the colors in all different lights and next to the furnishings.  Next I will paint a sample square of "Ozone" on the wall just to make double sure it's the right color before I paint the entire room.  I know I'm being overly cautious, it's only paint, but trust me I've made some big mistakes before.  I really want to realize my vision of this room that is pretty and soft.  I know once the perfect color is on the walls the rest will be easy, and way less stressful.  Wish me luck,

Happy Organizing

2 comments:

  1. Don't fret! We ALL make mistakes with paint!!!!!! One good trick about blue is to choose from the grey undertones. So vs. looking at the 'blue' section of the chips, look at the grey section with blue casts :)

    I just got a referral from your blog to mine, and I followed the link! Thank you SO much for adding me to your blog roll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the advice!! I picked "Ozone" because of the grey, and green, undertones...my confidence is rising.

    ReplyDelete